A 25 square kilometers island surrounded by both the Caribbean sea and the Atlantic ocean, St-Barthelemy is a tropical heaven of French influence, only a 10-minute flight away from St Maarten’s international airport. With more than 16 beaches, 80 restaurants, ultra-luxurious spas, endless nautical activities and particularly intimate hotels, St-Barthelemy offers each visitor tranquility, hospitality and excellent services in an elegant, yet relaxed atmosphere.
- The Capital is Gustavia.
- The time is –4GMT.
- Electricity: 220 V 60 Hz.
- Language : the official language is French but English is commonly spoken.
- Money : The official currency is Euro. Dollars are commonly accepted. There are banks and money exchanges in St-Jean and Gustavia. The Credit Cards usually accepted are Visa, Master Card and American Express.
- Climate : Tropical with temperature between 24°C and 32°C. The temperature of the sea varies between 24°C and 28°C. No rainy season.
- How to get around St-Barth : Rent a car is strongly recommended, as there is no public transportation. Taxis can be available on request.